My name is Jason Tam and I am a Christian. I reside in Sydney, Australia and am currently employed with the Commonwealth Bank of Australia under the department of Risk Management. I currently attend St Matthew’s Anglican Church in West Pennant Hills and was a graduate of the University of New South Wales (B Comm/B Sc with majors in Actuarial Studies, Mathematics and Statistics) – as you can see, I am a maths nerd.
My statement of faith is as follows (although I find it hard to work out what I should and should not include):
- I believe that God is the Creator of the world and of us; that He is sovereign; and that He is actively at work in the world presently
- I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God; He is completely God and completely man at the same time; that Jesus died in our place for our sins and rose to life three days later according to the Scriptures; and today He is Lord of the world and promises to return again to judge the living and the dead
- I believe in the Holy Spirit as the third part of the triune God; that the Holy Spirit gives us power to understand and teach God’s Word; and dwells in the hearts of all Christians as the Counsellor which Jesus promised, guarding us and helping us persevere till Jesus returns
- I believe that the Word of God, the Bible, is the divinely inspired words of God, written through authors God had chosen in the past; and actively acts as the source of authority for Christians till the day Jesus returns
That’s a good summary for now without complicating things too much; again I re-iterate that I find it hard preparing a comprehensive statement of faith, but should you desire to know me and my beliefs better please don’t hesitate to contact me.
The purpose of my blog is to give my thoughts and reflections about what it means to live as a Christian. I tend to try and cater for both a non-Christian and a Christian audience and also for people with various levels of understanding about the Bible. There is of course no silver bullet in explaining Christianity to everyone, but I hope that my thoughts will help you understand more about who Jesus is from my perspective.
If you have any private feedback or requests you would like to address to me, please don’t hesitate to contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
With regards to “official” upfront ministry, here is a list of things I have had experience in – the purpose of this is not to brag, but to inform others of what ministries I have been involved in:
- Youth Group (St Matthew’s Anglican Church)
- Inter-School Christian Fellowship (Baulkham Hills High)
- Rice Inter-church Evangelism
- Campus Bible Study (Univerisity of New South Wales)